Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Number 5

Finished quilt number 5 for the year. This one has been a long time coming. Last year I had the genius idea to make a quilt for my grandma for Christmas. There are 11 girls on my mom's side (3 sisters, 1 sister in law, and 7 cousins) which would work out great to make a 12 block quilt (easy enough for me to make two blocks to fill that last spot). Well I should have known it wouldn't go together like I planned. It took me forever to do my block and just as long for everyone, except my one cousin, to do theirs. Two people opted not to participate so that also presented the task of creating the extra two blocks. Luckily my cousin Jamee decided it would be fun to come on over to my house and make a couple blocks and her mom also made two blocks. So between the three of us we made the extra three blocks. They were done in time for Christmas so I gave those to grandma and then took them back. I got the top sewn together for Mother's Day. And I stayed up much later than I would have liked last night finishing the quilting on it for her birthday (which was yesterday). So now it's all done! She didn't get it FOR her birthday, but it was finished BY her birthday so I'm counting myself successful. :) Next time I see her she'll get this cheery warm piece of love to always remember us by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment