Friday, June 1, 2012

May report

I finished 2 quilts in May!!! I know, sometimes I'm an overachiever. lol. I also finished another top and most of another one along with the two pillows. May was a very productive quilting month for me. June might be more of a struggle with lots going on. We'll see how it goes.
So this is the one that got mostly done. It needs 3 borders on it and I just don't know what to do for them or to back it. Any suggestions?
I love these pillows. Our furniture (as you can see) is kind of ugly, although this couch is really comfy, and so I wanted to make something that would be cute to try and make our living room a little prettier. We are going to get a cover for this couch. I just used scraps from the quilt pictured above this one.
This one I started FOREVER ago but finally finished the binding. Woot, woot.
Here is my first attempt at the Chevron. I used this website Moda Bake Shop for the directions. Mine is smaller than these directions since I was making a baby blanket. I also used smaller squares. She used a charm pack which are 5 inch squares. I used 4 inch squares. I think it turned out really well and it wasn't as difficult as I was thinking it was going to be.

2 comments:

  1. I have the fabric to make the chevron quilt! ;-) Where do you finish your quilts? Just on your own machine, or do you have connections to a long arm? I just finished a small baby quilt that I need to find a way to quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finish them on my machine. I once had the hook up . . . but then she quit that job. That should have been a pre-rec for her new job, *Must have long arm quilting machine* :) If you want to borrow my quilting foot you're welcome to it. :)

    ReplyDelete